Monday, August 5, 2013

“The only love that I really believe in is a mother’s love for her children.” - Karl Lagerfeld

I wrote this for my mum because she was really down.

Dearest mumsy,

You’ve been down in the dumps of late
So I wanted to do something that would negate
The inky sadness on your pretty face,
And get you back to your happy place!
Below is a list of things you do,
That help people, like me, to not come unglued.
See, you’ve helped all these humans that you’ve met
But you hardly ever have time to dote on yourself. And yet,
You do all these things without a second blink
So please, pretty please, take one second to think,

How:
1.       Your smile lights up an entire room, you must be part sunshine to clean away all that gloom.
2.       Your cheer and good nature are by far the best I’ve seen. You’re humble and hilarious and fun (and definitely not mean)
3.       You look pretty good for a fossil in motion, even though I'm sure you’re probably older than the ocean!
4.       You have so, so many friends, all over the planet, you kind of remind me of a really well rounded pomegranate.
5.       Nobody I know has ever had the heart to speak ill of you, and even if they had, every single human would say it were untrue.
6.       You have a family who hang on to your every word, whether it be sober, muffled or (as it is often) slurred!

So please, dear mumsy, please do me this one favour,
Please desist with this silly, woeful behavior!
And look at this list when you feel like a mountain of crap,
And remember how awesome you are, even when you snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment