Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here." - Author Unknown

I remember we used to smile and talk.
You helped with my everything,
There every step of the way,
You taught me how to walk.

I remember the times we had for baking.
You believed in us even when it was messy,
You made us invincible and,
The world was ours for the taking.

And you were also there to keep me in line.
I didn’t always listen to what you told me,
In fact sometimes I was really bad,
But, thanks to you, I’ve turned out just fine.

That is all well and good,
Because I had the best times,
And the best of everything.
It was the best of childhoods…

But the problem for me today & tomorrow,
Is I cannot remember the details,
I cannot define those memories,
And our time is now borrowed.

My mind swims with blurry pictures of love.
I know you made my world a better place,
So this is how I will remember it:
We fit in your life like a hand in a glove.

Now I find it hard to think of things to say,
I struggle to relate to you too,
Because we are worlds apart most times,
Even on the best of your least hazy days.

So all I can do in the here and now
Is show you how much I love you
And become like you somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment